Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Webinars for our Instructional Design course.

Our class is finishing up with our webinars that we produced and shared with each other. First of all I will say that this group of students are so creative and very interested and doing their very best. I have come to see most ID's have a spirit of wanting to share their knowledge and just keep improving themselves and everyone around them.


Here is what I have learned:

Things can happen in Webinars. Do not take it too serious a good sense of humor really helps. Our class had really great presentations and everyone had great speaking voices and communication throughout. Between sharing our assignments and communicating in our coffee chat and forums I would say we do feel like we know each other and have a great communication in our courses so that is a good start. But it was more than that - everyone had great feedback and the topics helped expand our learning in the course.

I read that using the "you"... "your" language helps put the viewer into the spot of thinking how the learning relates to them. Do you have to do perfect in a webinar? No, being human is normal and we all lose our places, forget a section, how you handle the come-back is the most important. This adds to the live feeling if you just wanted to hear someone talking then you could just have a conference call, right? There is something fun about being able to ask questions, chat with the speaker and more.

I absolutely loved this assignment. I had to do a webinar for a freelance project and I did ok because I knew the person but now I could really do great. I wouldn't feel so lost in how do I do this or share my screen, etc. As more people are able to work remotely webinars are going to be the norm. Our class is ready for this change and ID is the perfect profession to utilize webinars with SME's.