Monday, September 10, 2018

IoT Blog Reflection - My Choice is Smart Boards and Instructional Design


Internet of Things (IoT) can be considered as a new method for managing the classroom with advanced tools. Here is a short list of the most common IoT devices that has changed the education sector.

#10) Bye Bye to Chalk boardsStudents nowadays makes use of a very powerful platform such as Smart Boards. It helps the teachers to explain the lectures more easily with the help of online presentations and videos. Students are encouraged with interactive gaming as a powerful platform. Web-based tools and programs help to teach the students more effectively that was once paper or chalkboard based. Smart technology let teachers and students surf the web and even edit video and share assignments.


I would choose using a Smart Board as my IoT to use in the classroom with an Instructional Design course. I would encourage the students to be interactive with the class on the Smart Board. I have included how to use a Smart Board video below (link). I feel it is a great transition of traditional Web 2.0 to IoT current uses in education to use a Smart Board in your classroom. I spoke about this on my last project posting about IoT in the classroom. A fellow student (Ann) asked me how I would use a Smart Board in my ID? https://education.smarttech.com/  



I would create a Rise interactive course and ask the students to interact with the course while the class is watching. I would then ask the students to give me feedback on how they felt about the course and how they would improve or what parts were confusing to them. While one student (volunteer) works on the interactive course this is when the other students can take notes on how I could improve the Rise course. They can also let me know what parts really helped them learn/was effective in their opinion. I am excited about creating ID courses for the new Smart Boards.


https://youtu.be/xWNCHG-xB9o





https://home.smarttech.com/



Mishra, Sanjeev (2017, February 4). 12 Modern Learning Practices with Internet of Things i.e. IoT in Education. Retrieved from http://www.clickonf5.org/internet/modern-learning-practices-iot-education/126745