Monday, September 10, 2018

Reflection on Web 2.0 sites and how they are changing the way you and others you know do things.

My two favorite Web 2.0 sites is a toss up…I would say my ultimate favorite and the one I use everyday is Instagram. I love photography and the visual format is easy to see and catch up on everything. Including friends, family, design, my favorite products and places of business. I also feel there is a lighter feel to using this then the opinion driven Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (has gotten more opinion driven recently?). LinkedIn is good for keeping up with past co-workers, classmates and looking for trends in your industry. I would also say I really enjoy Pinterest. I am not on there as much as when I first discovered it - but I love the storage ability to divide my interests and goals very visually. I love sharing what I am interested in and great infographics and information I have found on the Web 2.0. I do see value in Web 2.0 sites as I constantly are using these tools to explore, research and educate myself on current trends, events and my interests. I also see it as a way to connect with other designers. I see these sites as valuable in instructional design for the same reason I just mentioned. I think as an ID you need to be very aware of trends and current tools you can use. These sites keep you current and involved in the conversation of education and ID. I have a lot of connections that are in graphic/web design. I am trying to find more ID sites on Instagram. I have an entire board based on ID and a lot of different boards on design and I keep building more references for the future and for other ID to use. 


Also see my post named: